Meditation can help your skin.
When you are stressed, your blood vessels constrict, which can give your skin a pasty, pale complexion. Your face looks extra tired, even if you spent the whole day in bed. Meditation and deep breathing help calm the body, which brings in more oxygen, which in turn gives you increased blood flow and better looking skin.
When stress hits, you can expect more breakouts and blemishes due to hormonal levels being so out of whack. What? Yes! Unfortunately a large number of skin problems like acne breakouts and dull complexion are a result of unnecessary stress. Just what you needed to hear, right. The cool thing is that meditation curbs the production of these hormones and instead introduces a healthier environment in your body which can regulate hormone production. Pretty cool, right?
Reduced stress equals better skin.
Meditating for just a few minutes every day brings focused energy (Prana) into your body and creates a feeling of calm and relaxation. During meditation, Prana helps repair the tissues and cells which give skin a fresh, youthful glow. Ahh.. Amazing how de-stressing changes everything.
Meditation might even slow the aging process.
When stress takes over, it effects so many areas of your life. It can cause sleeplessness and irritation. It can exacerbate illness. It can literally make you feel overwhelmed and incapable of making decisions. Why live with this feeling when the secret to reducing stress is so simple. And so easy. And so rewarding!
So now you have a pretty good idea of why you should meditate. Here is a simple checklist of how!
Here is a simple checklist to mediate:
1. Put your phone on silent. In another room. Seriously. Do this!
2. Shut the door to your cats, your dogs and any other distraction, like the kids. You need and deserve this time!
3. Choose a super quiet space.
4. Stretch your body a little bit to warm it up.
5. Find a comfortable position and sit as straight as possible.
6. Close your eyes
7. Breathe deeply but in a calm, natural manner.
9. Slowly inhale and hold it, slowly exhale. Concentrate on the air going in and out.
10. Practice gratitude meditation which is literally giving thanks for the good things in your life.
The aim is, to be quiet and enjoy your own peacefulness. When “squirrel” brain happens and you start thinking of a million other things, come back to your breath.
Meditating daily is like a natural miracle pill for your skin to look and feel younger! Well, that and ScrubzBody™ Sugar Scrub!